I am sure you have seen those beautiful floral arrangements online, in a magazine, or at a friend or family’s wedding and thought
What kind of flowers are those?
Must have cost a fortune to have real flowers arrangements.
I want something like that at my wedding.
Well its not very difficult and can be rather in expensive. When I went to my cousin’s wedding in October those questions ran thru my mind. I fell in love with the way she presented them in addition to the arrangement.
So here is what i did:
1. Ask your friend or family member where he/she got their flowers.
( i know you r thinking, duh Keila. But u will be amazed what you forget when you are occupied with other aspects of the wedding 😉 )
2. My cousin went to The Grower’s box website and ordered her flowers. I dont know about you but i dont trust online shopping 100% , so i need to touch, feel, and tryout what i want to do.
Unfortunately the grower’s box only placed bulk orders (here is the moral lol) ask them for an ARRANGEMENT RECIPE.
The recipe will include all the flowers in the arrangement, the number of each bloom you will need, and the total.
3. What if you found exactly what you want online and u cant tell a dendrobium from a ranunculus (lol… Who can?? And yes those r flower names, lmbo!) Go to your local flower market with your picture and they should be able to look at your picture and break down what flower is in the arrangement and a guess on how many u may need.
Lessons learned from my trip:
1. Take a jacket, flowers r kept in a huge fridge and it is freezing!
2. If u are not a flower expert dont even try to pick around the selection, find someone and tell them what you want to do
3. ARRANGEMENT RECIPE does NOT NOT NOT mean they will tell you how to arrange the flowers (lol.. A bit of false advertising, huh? Lmbo)You will have to dig down deep into the creative person you know u can be and just put them in the green floral foam (dont remember the official name). Or you can take a class
Here are some links I went to that helped me understand floral arranging, they may be helpful
How to make a perfect low arrangement (my fav)
How to arrange flowers in style
And here is my first college try at floral arrangement. I love the way it came out. I will say i put the bulk roses in first and then filled in with the other smaller flowers. But do as YOU like. Absolutely NO ONE will say “why did she put that Peonies next to that rose, yuk, tacky!!”
(I will have another post of how I made and distressed the box that the flowers are in)
Live like its ur last
and Laugh the bad times away
(Dont forget to hit the like button if you liked this post)